Buhari/Osinbajo Campaign Kicks Off In South-West

The Minister of Communications, Mr. Adebayo Shittu, has announced the imminent launch of the South-west chapter of the Muhammadu Buhari/Yemi Osinbajo Dynamic Support Group on January 20, in an attempt to campaign for the re-election of President Buhari come 2019.

The minister, who made this known on Wednesday during an interview with state house correspondents after meeting with Buhari at the presidential villa, Abuja, also said that he had been appointed the national chairman of the board of trustees of ‘Buhari/Osinbajo Dynamic Support Group’.

“I have been appointed the Chairman of the BoT for the Buhari/Osinbajo Dynamic Support Group – the National Chairman of BoT of the support group – and on the 20th of this month, we are commissioning the South-west zonal office of the campaign organisation of the Muhammadu Buhari/Osinbajo support group. So, we will be inviting all of you to be part of the commissioning.

“Everyday, since he came into office, all his activities have been geared towards a better country, and Nigerians know that they have a saviour, a rescuer, somebody who is committed to providing relief to all Nigerians in all respects.

“In the area of fighting the insurgency either in the North-east or in the Niger Delta, in the area of reviving the economy, providing jobs and providing social stability in the society, you will agree with me that but for Buhari, Boko Haram would have invaded Lagos,” he said.

TheCable reports that Shittu said Buhari’s ardent supporters would prevail on him to seek re-election.

He said they would “help Buhari to make up his mind so that Nigeria can continue to enjoy stability and progress”.

“It goes without saying. I mean if you have a child who goes to primary school and he does well, he proceeds to secondary school and he does well, and you keep asking if he will be going to university. It goes with out saying.

“By the grace of God, we his (Buhari’s) ardent supporters who appreciate his worth on behalf of millions of Nigerians would urge him to re-contest.

Leave a Reply